What can be the problem with the MV22 Camera

emmaozoms
Getting noticed

What can be the problem with the MV22 Camera

Hello Team, can anyone please advise on how to resolve the issue with the Meraki MV22 Camera? 

I noticed that the camera receives power from the switch and there is no live feed/ data transmission.

I have changed the cable connecting to the camera and the same issue.

I have also used a new cable to connect the camera to the switch directly and same issue.

I have connected the camera to another switch same issue.

I checked the power consumption on the dashboard and the power consumption is less than the power budget for the switch which indicates that it is not overpowering what the switch is experiencing.

Please has anyone experienced this issue? I will appreciate how to resolve it or do I just raise an RMA ?

10 Replies 10
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It sounds like a hardware issue, I suggest you open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thank you @alemabrahao. I suspect the same. I just want to be sure if someone has experience same and was able to resolve it without opening a support case.

ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @emmaozoms,

To confirm, is the device coming online on Dashboard? If you're seeing a power draw below 3w and it's not coming online, please open a Support case as @alemabrahao  mentioned as we'll need to investigate further.

Cheers,

Connor

@Connor, thank you for your suggestion...Yes, the device displays online on the dashboard but only on power and with no feed. 

Ah if the device is coming online then that's good!

When you say there's no feed, is it constantly buffering or is the feed just dark/black? 9 times out of 10 it'll be an incorrect aperture setting if the feed is black. I will drop you a DM now as I'm curious to see the MV.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@emmaozoms  What exactly are you seeing?

I had a camera once that displayed what looked like a sensor error, I adjusted the aperture setting and it kicked into life.

@BlakeRichardson, what I see is that the camera draws power from the switch, which indicates a "cable issue" from Meraki's standpoint of LED View. I have used new factory cables to test but same issue, I used the same cable to test another camera and it display on the dashboard properly.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would try a hardware reset, then failing that open a support case.  Sounds like a hardware failure.

@PhilipDAth, I have done that but still the same issue. I will go ahead to raise a support case.

I would second what Philip said, sounds like a hardware fault. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.