cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verkada Cameras

Here to help

Verkada Cameras

I just ran into a POV demo at Fastenal; The Cameras and dashboard look to be a complete copy of Meraki Cameras AND Dashboard. 

www.verkada.com

Also they are so bold that they put a use case study up as well. Network team just found out about it as well.

https://www.verkada.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/fastenal-verkada-retail-case-study.pdf

Looks like a copy to me what do you guys think?

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Getting noticed

Re: Verkada Cameras

I just started seeing a number of ads for them in various places, wanted to check them out to see what they are offering. They must have just kicked off a marketing campaign.

A model citizen

Also recruiting Meraki employees in SF apparently. Thanks for sharing.

Here to help

That would because the original founders of Meraki started Verkada.  Also the original engineer of Meraki's camera is over there also.

Meraki Employee OG
Meraki Employee

*One of the three founders

Meraki Employee

This is news to me, considering the 'original' engineers sit right next to me. I guess I better check tomorrow morning to make sure they are still there, they were there a few hours ago 🙂

Getting noticed

@GeorgeB Maybe just there in spirit 

QuickSilver_Cardboard_preview1.jpg 

A model citizen

Did you find them? 🙂

EJN
Getting noticed

We are evaluating Meraki cameras now, together with Verkada and Rhombus. I believe these are the 3 players in the cloud-based surveillance space. All 3 very similar on the surface.

My other option is a traditional NVR based system. I'm leaning towards cloud-based. Concerned about price and annual fees, but not there yet in the eval. Right now focusing on the hardware and software. I have all 3 brands active on trial at the moment.

Steve

Esteban J Nunez
New here

Curious how your evaluation is going - any feedback? We're working with a customer who is doing analysis on alternatives for their business case.
EJN
Getting noticed

We decided on Meraki last month and we are implementing now. We are doing 100 cameras and I have installed 28 already. I’m trying to do 5 a day. Very happy with Meraki. I’m also positively impressed with the other vendors. 

Esteban J Nunez
New here

Thanks for the reply - what was the main reason you chose Meraki (price, support, etc.)?
EJN
Getting noticed

Cisco brand name. The other 2 brands have lower pricing.
Esteban J Nunez
Conversationalist

One of our Meraki reps went there about a year before they launched their web site. From the hype, I expected a lot more than copies of Meraki cameras. I still do not see much improvement since.

Conversationalist

One of our Meraki reps went there about a year before they launched their web site. From the hype, I expected a lot more than copies of Meraki cameras. I still do not see much improvement since.

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.