Purple hue at night time on some cameras

SOLVED
EJN
A model citizen

Purple hue at night time on some cameras

See attached photo. This started in December. I haven't opened a support case and wanted to check here first. We have 102 cameras and it's happening in about 10-15 of them.

MV22 and MV72

Thanks for any insight.Screenshot 2021-01-13 230726.png

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Try toggling High dynamic range (Under Settings > Video settings) off and on

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Perhaps its a hidden Jimi Hendrix mode?

Jokes aside, I haven't seen this on any of the cameras I have access to. But it sounds like a hardware malfunction. I'd just reach out to Support and request a quick t-shoot and then RMA the units.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

Not happening for me, what firmware version are you running? 

I'm on 4.9.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Try toggling High dynamic range (Under Settings > Video settings) off and on

EJN
A model citizen

I'll try that toggle tonight. Good tip to test.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
EJN
A model citizen

HDR toggle off/on fixed the issue. I'll confirm tomorrow once the cameras go through a 24 hour day/night cycle.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Good to know its fixed and not a hardware issue. I'm guessing that the lighting in that area is messing with the camera sensor if HDR is enabled.

Thanks for letting us know the issue is resolved. 

Let me clarify that HDR was off. What fixed it was toggling it on/off. It's like the sensor was stuck and the toggle did a reset to off. I'm curious to see if it holds on the next transition to day time and night time. I will report back on Saturday morning.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@EJN  ah thats not so good. 

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I have had this happen, in the past, on maybe two occasions, where this fix has worked (and maybe on different cameras, I think) - it certainly hasn't been something I've needed to apply regularly.  If you get regular recurrences, I would raise a case with the Support team and mention what you've had and what you've done.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.