Publish live video stream on customer hompage/web site

SOLVED
AndreasKvist
Getting noticed

Publish live video stream on customer hompage/web site

Hi,

I´ve recieved a question from a partner that wants to help a customer to publish a live video on the customer web site in order to show the surroundings at the customer site. 

How do one go about to facilitate this?

The livestream is in the dashboard, can that be published elsewhere?

BR

Andreas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

What @jdsilva said. It can't be done. For a simple technical reason. Keep in mind that you're streaming directly from the camera, so it would bog down after a few people have the page open.

You could use the snapshot API to publish stills every so often to a web page.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi Andreas

Does the following communication helps you?

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Solutions-APIs/New-MV-API-Returns-video-link-for-the-specified-camer...

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

@AjitKumar That video link can't be published or accessed without dashboard access.

Short answer is as of now there is no way to publish the video feed from MV devices unless authenticated with dashboard credentials.

You could export video to a file and continually upload those to a site, but there would be delay in the stream.

What @jdsilva said. It can't be done. For a simple technical reason. Keep in mind that you're streaming directly from the camera, so it would bog down after a few people have the page open.

You could use the snapshot API to publish stills every so often to a web page.

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

@AndreasKvist wrote:

The livestream is in the dashboard, can that be published elsewhere?

No.

EJN
A model citizen

While I wish that Meraki offers an option for this, I like the fact that it doesn't now in order to maintain security / data integrity. The way I see it, surveillance cameras with Meraki are not meant for web streaming. For that need, buy any of the cheaper web cams out there (Nest, Arlo, Amazon, etc)

Having said this, I would log a feature request where you can select a camera (or more), put it on a separate network, and configure this network with web stream access separate from your surveillance network.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.