Motion Alert Email - Motion recap image has expired

SOLVED
ShawnWillard
Here to help

Motion Alert Email - Motion recap image has expired

Has anyone experienced this with a motion alert email.  It was about an hour and a half from when I received the email until I viewed the email.  (Enable restricted bandwidth mode is set to NO.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'm wondering if it's the email template that's messed up because I think it shouldn't even be sending motion recap alerts.  According to this blog on Meraki's site, only the second generation cameras support it.  So the MV21 /MV71 shouldn't have it at all. 

https://meraki.cisco.com/blog/2019/06/a-revolutionary-way-to-not-watch-video/

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@ShawnWillard  No I haven't seen this, I would open a support ticket. Is your camera running the latest firmware?

I am running MV 3.30.  It seems to be only my MV71 cameras that have this issue.  All of my MV12/22 cameras are reporting just fine.

ncowger
Here to help

I'm seeing the same thing on all of my emails for my camera, it apparently expires a minute or two after it's captured.  MV21

@ShawnWillard  and @ncowger  is this a recent issue or have you had it for some time? 

From some recent issues that various users have had I am guessing Meraki updated some things on their dashboards back-end and this and another issue thats come up because of that.

I would both open a support case and reference this topic so that Meraki can see the problem is affecting you both and hopefully find a pattern for the cause.

Good luck!

I'm wondering if it's the email template that's messed up because I think it shouldn't even be sending motion recap alerts.  According to this blog on Meraki's site, only the second generation cameras support it.  So the MV21 /MV71 shouldn't have it at all. 

https://meraki.cisco.com/blog/2019/06/a-revolutionary-way-to-not-watch-video/

VuongNguyen
Conversationalist

By default, your motion alert email will include a motion recap image that corresponds to the relevant event. More on Motion Recap here. However, if you have Restricted Bandwidth Mode enabled, you will not see an image.

I will open a ticket up just to see what Meraki says.  Thanks everyone.  It is always nice when someone else is having a similar issue.

@ShawnWillard  Let us know how you get on. I dont have motion notifications setup as the only camera I have is in a high traffic area and I don't want to get bombarded with emails. 

Contacted Meraki and indeed it was a template issue that has now been fixed.  Thanks everyone!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.