Meraki device lead time 2022

SOLVED
CharlesJN
Here to help

Meraki device lead time 2022

I plan to add more MV and additional Switch to my environment. Unfortunately, the vendor said it could be 5-7 months?

I believe it was caused by the supply chain issue starting last year. Does this "very" long time to wait happen worldwide?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CharlesJN
Here to help

To update you guys. 

Spoken to a sales representative, and they may loan the testing kit however it will up to 2 months which not suffice with the lead time of the new camera.

A temporary solution will do, install any IP Camera during the order process.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Morning @CharlesJN,. This is happening worldwide and across all industries.  Try and buy a new car and you’ll get a similar delay.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
jbright
A model citizen

I placed an order for some Meraki cameras last month and they are projected to ship out in July. The supply chain woes continue...

CharlesJN
Here to help

Thanks @DarrenOC and @jbright for confirming. Unfortunately, one of my MV is broken down just yesterday. I believe I need to get the alternative solution while waiting another 5-6 months.

If you have a failed MV then open a support case with Meraki.  RMA stock is different to stock used for purchasing.  In most supported countries you should get your RMA replaced the next business day.

If lead time is an issue then you can ask your reseller to check the spreadsheet of delivery time by model.  They might be able to suggest an alternative model with a shorter ETA.

I have contacted Meraki support. Unfortunately, it is out of warranty, and they only suggested replacing the camera.

Thanks for the suggestion, will check with our reseller.

CharlesJN
Here to help

To update you guys. 

Spoken to a sales representative, and they may loan the testing kit however it will up to 2 months which not suffice with the lead time of the new camera.

A temporary solution will do, install any IP Camera during the order process.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.