Meraki MV21 cracked back cover

SOLVED
CharlesJN
Here to help

Meraki MV21 cracked back cover

We have an unusual case with our Meraki MV21 with cracked back cover since it is more than 3 years which meant out of warranty, anyone knows where we can buy a new outer case (white plastic dome and back cover) for Meraki MV21?

The camera device is still functioning perfectly and we have 6 years enterprise licence.

Asked Meraki support and no good response at all.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GeorgeB
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

This sounds strange. Please can you re-open or re-raise the ticket with support and send them a picture of the issue? Then ask them to forward it to me (George Bentinck) and I will take a look.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Unfortunately the chassis/housing of the cameras are not available as spare parts, so there is not place to purchase such a new part that I'm aware of.  Meraki Support wouldn't be able to help there.  I'm afraid you would have to try to find another used MV21 from a 3rd party, possibly one that is non-functional, so very cheap (or free) if it's of no use to that 3rd party, and attempt to swap out the chassis.  I am assuming the existing MV21 cannot be repaired in some fashion?  And/or the cracked back cover is preventing you from mounting it properly?  If I think of something else I'll let you know.  

Thanks MerakiDave for the explanation from a support perspective.

Currently, I am able to glue (epoxy) the cracked part and can mount it normally but as we know glue is only a temporary solution which meant it always make me aware of the glue can last longer to hold the weight so it would be very good if I can change the housing.

I am looking for the 3rd party solution who can provide the outer case/ housing of MV21, please let me know if there is anyone willing to sell/ donate the MV21 that is broken/ non-functionally anymore.

If be tempted to get some fibre glass resin and fibre.  Put something over the lens to protect it, or take the case off (better). 

Wrap some fibre around the broken area and base and paint the resin over the top.

Wait 24 hours.

It will be substantially stronger than when you bought it. 

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

Also might try searching for a 3D print of a replacement

Thanks PhilipDAth and SoCalRacer

Since there is no spare part from Meraki, I would like to think about to recreate a new back cover or the whole housing if possible. It is quite a lot of things to do, need to find a third party to do this for us.

EJN
A model citizen

Set an alert in eBay in case a damaged one pops up with a good housing.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education

Thanks EJN,

Yes, I keep monitoring on some e-commerce including Ebay
GeorgeB
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

This sounds strange. Please can you re-open or re-raise the ticket with support and send them a picture of the issue? Then ask them to forward it to me (George Bentinck) and I will take a look.

Thank you George.

Reopen the ticket and request Meraki support to forward the case to you.

Updated.

Thank you again George for review and approved the case, the new unit received and installed. The defected unit has sent back through delivery pickup.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.