MV22 Interior Mount - Wall or Ceiling

EJN
A model citizen

MV22 Interior Mount - Wall or Ceiling

Say I need to monitor a hallway and the camera is going on one of the ends. Is it better to install in the ceiling or on the wall? In other words, imagine the 90 degree junction of the ceiling and wall, where am I better off? The lens can be angled regardless of location, but what is the recommended / best practice?

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
4 REPLIES 4
Kevin_Cookson
Conversationalist

We had the issue that the picture was flipped when the camera was mounted to the wall. Turning the camera around didn't solve the issue.

As soon as it got mounted to the ceiling, everything works a charm.

Thanks for the feedback. Curious... there is a 180 degree rotation toggle on the camera settings. Wouldn't this help if wall mounted?

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, you just use the rotation option in the dashboard.

If putting the camera at the end of the hallway I would say mount it on the wall, that way you can have the camera slightly lower and you are getting a better angle to capture peoples faces.

The downside with mounting on a ceiling is the closer people get to the camera the less likely you are going to see there face and only see the top of their head. 

Just bear in mind the ceiling height when if you mount it on a wall as its more open to damage / vandalism. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.