MV Camera viewing natively in windows

jetaylor
Here to help

MV Camera viewing natively in windows

Hello Everyone,

I've come across many threads about some issues to view footage live from the MV series. I myself have looked into many viewers because the cloud view option locks up sometimes in browser.

I've looked at the following options...

-Local vlan with linux/windows viewing footage on the same V-Lan

-Cross V-lan with Linux/Windows viewing footage.

-RTSP Viewers open source Linux/Windows

-IP Cam viewing software (Generic Software) 

-Meraki Vision Portal

-Meraki Video Wall

-VLC with Mosaic view Linux/Windows

-Chrome/Firefox/Safari/Edge/Chromium 

And many combinations in between.

I wonder if this would be an option from microsoft and would like to see what everyone's opinion on this would be.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsdeveloper/2019/10/10/connecting-network-cameras-to-windows-10-devic...

8 REPLIES 8
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What is the problem that you are trying to solve?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried the Progressive Web App mentioned in this forum post: Progressive Web App and Other Updates for the Vision Portal - The Meraki Community

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As @cmr mentioned the new vision portal is a massavie improvement, this is now my go to for viewing MV cameras.

@BlakeRichardson yes it is a huge improvement. But still have the delay with it. I know Meraki will eventually get it working without the latency on the live camera view but we needed a zero latency solution. ill post the full workup i did to resolve my issue below.

@jetaylor  Have you tried a different web browser?

@cmr I have and i still see a huge amount of latency for live viewing.

@jetaylorwhat kind of cameras are you using? The 2nd generation (MVx2) are supporting low-latency HLS (LHLS) with firmware 4.8 or higher. The delay here is normally about 2 seconds instead of 10.

@PhilipDAth I Apologize for the late response on this.

So i was trying to setup a live view on the local subnet for camera viewing. The overall issues is there is a 10 second delay when viewing cameras. Its so odd. But i ended up solving with a RTSP stream from each camera to a web server and i get zero to no latency now what so ever. But even the Meraki Vision Portal has latency on live camera feeds.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.