Introducing MV52, and the newly updated Vision portal

Saralyn
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Introducing MV52, and the newly updated Vision portal

The MV team is excited to share some updates with you all today, including our all new MV52 outdoor bullet camera, and the newly out-of-beta Vision portal. 

MV52.png

MV52 is an exciting addition to our outdoor camera range, featuring 4k video resolution, an ultra-long-range telephoto lens with a12°-37° degree horizontal FoV, high powered IR illuminators, and 1TB of storage on board. This allows MV52 to deliver the enhanced detail needed to monitor roadways, capture license plates, secure perimeters and open areas, and create safe environments.

Also debuting today is the newly updated Meraki Vision portal, with a dedicated login at vision.meraki.com. The new login allows camera-users to access the portal directly, instead of navigating through the dashboard. To make it even easier, Vision portal is available as a downloadable progressive web app (now with its own app icon!). We've added some new features to make it even easier to use, including: 

• Camera field of view on floorplan to improve navigation between cameras
  • New motion search functionality to more quickly find and review activity
  • Expanded export capabilities, including video wall exports, a global exports page, and a “combine exports” feature to aid in sharing video

Kapture 2021-11-17 at 08.19.13 (1).gif

You can learn more about today's new announcements by checking out the blog. If you're interested in more details, check out the MV52 on our website, or dive right into with our  Vision portal  documentation

As always, we'd love to hear what you think. Where do you see MV52 fitting in your organization? Do you like the new updates to the Vision portal? Let us know below! You can also submit feedback about the Vision portal directly, using the feedback option on the top right of the screen. 

11 REPLIES 11
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Saralyn : Excellent !

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Looking great! 👍

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Just in time for our camera refresh, I was trying to find ways to make an MV72 work in locations where we have bullet cameras. 

@BlakeRichardson glad to hear that! Yeah, the MV72 can sometimes be made to work in bullet camera scenarios in conjunction with the wall mount arm, but not in all. The 360° rotating ball joint on MV52 give it a lot of flexibility for mounting, aiming, and the FoV is much narrower than on MV72.

Are these available to order now or is it just anounced at the moment? 

Orderable now

The better question to ask is when will they ship.  🙂

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Saralyn to me the most important feature is that the MV52 can run higher framerates up to 30fps, this is only shown on the downloadable datasheet, whereas elsewhere it says 15fps, I hope the PDF is the correct one...

cmr_0-1637105130042.pngcmr_1-1637105156569.png

Also the web datasheet lists the Ethernet port twice...

Saralyn
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Thanks for flagging the inconsistencies @cmr . I'll look into the discrepancies and get it sorted out. 

Saralyn
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@cmr I put in the request for the updates, but I do have what may be some disappointing news for you for now. Currently, MV52 will only support up to 15fps at the 4k resolution and 4MP resolution options. It does support higher frame rates at 1080p. 

However, I did say it was "for now", as the product team said it is something that they could revisit in the future. (Similar to how they updated the framerate for 1080p from 20fps to 24fps a while back.) In the meantime, can I ask what use case you were hoping to use the higher frame rate for? I'll pass along the feedback to them. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thanks @Saralyn 1080P at 25 fps+ is enough for us at the moment.  The reason for the fps request is that it is common for the regulators to require a minimum framerate for our camera coverage.  In South Africa we need 25fps and in the USA we need 30fps.  In the UK we operate most cameras at 25fps to capture enough frames to accurately trap fast movements.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.