How large the area these Cameras MV72 and MV22 can cover

Solved
SCC
Building a reputation

How large the area these Cameras MV72 and MV22 can cover

Hi All,

I am planning to deploy the Meraki Security Camera system for one of the Bus and Coach company. I would like to know since they have got a very large area. I like to know how can area or space can a Meraki security camera MV72 and MV22 can monitor ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Check out this tool.

https://meraki.cisco.com/public/mv-site-survey/index.html 

The problem is the answer is not black and white.  The larger the area covered the less detail you get.  How much detail is required depends on what you are trying to achieve.

For example, I often have cameras on the entrance and exit focusing on a very small area so I can get excellent facial photos.  For the rest of the area, I might use a camera to cover a larger area because the only thing I want to see is a persons movement.

You have vehicles - so you might be interested in being able to read number plates.  You are going to need the camera focused on a very tight area to get that.

Also, no matter how many cameras you put in, you'll find you could always have used more.  Always.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Check out this tool.

https://meraki.cisco.com/public/mv-site-survey/index.html 

The problem is the answer is not black and white.  The larger the area covered the less detail you get.  How much detail is required depends on what you are trying to achieve.

For example, I often have cameras on the entrance and exit focusing on a very small area so I can get excellent facial photos.  For the rest of the area, I might use a camera to cover a larger area because the only thing I want to see is a persons movement.

You have vehicles - so you might be interested in being able to read number plates.  You are going to need the camera focused on a very tight area to get that.

Also, no matter how many cameras you put in, you'll find you could always have used more.  Always.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.