Floor Plans/Maps Not Showing Up on Meraki Vision

Solved
Dscott84
Here to help

Floor Plans/Maps Not Showing Up on Meraki Vision

I monitor cameras on multiple locations. I uploaded floor plans and placed the cameras on the uploaded maps, but I am the only user who has the floor plans showing up, and even then I usually have to refresh my web browser to get the map to appear.

The map that shows up in Meraki Vision for other users is the google map with no floor plan. The cameras are placed where they should be, but it is basically useless without the floor plan.

Any ideas on why this is happening and why I am the only one who can see the floor plan (sometimes)?

The image below is what the other (non-me) users are seeing for the map.

msedge_IkCn1Ja4aR.png

This last image is what I see and what I want everyone else to see.

vivaldi_K0IYo1jlxl.png

1 Accepted Solution

Does the user have read permissions on the Network where the map was added?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I could be wrong but I believe it is the user permission level, do others have the same rights as you?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Dscott84
Here to help

I have Organization level privileges, and the other users just have camera network level privileges. I looked all over and I cannot find a setting that applies to floor plans and maps (could have missed it).

I don't want everyone to have Organization level privileges, some just need to monitor cameras why wouldn't the floor plan tie to the camera network?

This is the expected behavior in this case, there's not much you can't do other than give read permission in the organization.

I just tested giving another user Read-Only privileges for the organization and the floor plan is still not showing up on the map.

I suggest you open a support case.

Does the user have read permissions on the Network where the map was added?

Wow!! That makes me feel like an idiot. I did changed to read only on the network and it is working exactly like I want.

Not sure why read only on Organization didn't load the floor plans, but I got it working as wanted.

Thank you very much for the help, that is going to be huge for my camera monitors.

I just tested giving read permission on the Network where I created the map and it worked perfectly. 😉

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.