DPTZ option produces error on chrome

JMLOSD
Here to help

DPTZ option produces error on chrome

I have a user who uses Chrome to view the cameras for his school. When he tries to view the DPTZ option for the MV 32, it produces an error Video Tab failed to load. We tried the access the same camera using Safari browser and it worked without issue. I did an update with the chrome browser and that did not help. Any suggestions?

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is the browser up to date? Have you tried opening in an incognito tab? I've always used Chrome and never had any problems.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I have updated the browser. Weird thing is that I am able to view it with out issue on chrome. I am using a Windows device. The user is using a Mac and I have tested it on a Mac as well without issue. 

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It seems to be a problem with the machine, I suggest you open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think 80% likely this is a GPU driver error (the GPU does the video decode, not Chrome).

See if there is an updated GPU driver for the machine.

You might be able to test this by disabling video acceleration in Chrome as well (not sure how), but it will make the performance suck.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.