cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera views not loading

Conversationalist

Camera views not loading

I'm having issues viewing camera views, I'm getting a black screen or static image and spinning wheel.

This is the second time this has happened to me this week. I've tried from multiple browsers multiple computers. I've tried from same vlan, even a different network all together. I've tried rebooting my cameras.

Anyone else experiencing issues?

I do have a ticket open with Meraki TAC.

Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 1.01.45 PM.png

18 REPLIES 18
Getting noticed

Re: Camera views not loading

Hey,
What software version are you running on the cameras?
Are your cameras/network behind a firewall?
Luke
Conversationalist

FW: MV 3.30

Yes they are behind a firewall, they were working yesterday, No changes were made since then. Its just spotty. They are fine when they work. I can see that they are still recording, the motion search works, I can't pull up the video footage.

Getting noticed

It’s worth checking all the firewall rules are correct with what’s up in the top right menu under help and the firewalls, Meraki May have added some more locations that you need to update with, we had similar issue

Have you tried updating to FW 3.33, that fixed some reliability issues for us 🙂
Conversationalist

I'll check the firmware for sure and report back. As far as the firewall we don't block outbound ports on the network the cameras are on. Per Meraki direction is outbound. Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 2.42.37 PM.png

Conversationalist

I've just updated to 3.33, there is no change in performance.

Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 2.46.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-03 at 2.47.00 PM.png

Conversationalist

Cameras are now working again, I just would like some info about why this is happening.

Getting noticed

I think you’re probably best ringing into support the next time it happens so they can troubleshoot in the live scenario for you.

Without access to the logs and running packet captures, which you could try, not sure where else to go I’m afraid
Kind of a big deal

And I bet if you reboot the cameras it starts wokring?

I have had issues like this before.  I now use a Meraki switch port scheduled and give all cameras a daily power cycle.  It has made them more reliable for me.

Getting noticed

To me that’s not making them more reliable, that’s hiding an issue

Our cameras are up 24x7 and are 99.9% stable now on the latest firmware 

Conversationalist

You bet wrong, during this issue nothing fixed the problem I was having. The cameras have been working solid since this issue, I have changed nothing.

Here to help

I would open up a support case about this. 

I have seen this issue before where the Cameras are online (Green Status) but cannot load video. The first thing I would check in this case is to see if Direct Streaming works (if possible.) 

Assuming this works the issue is likely with the Cloud Proxy servers, I have seen issues in the recent past where support "Back End Cloud Proxy Servers" have had issues. 

Conversationalist

Spoke too soon, I'm experiencing the same issues today, packet capture showing dropped packets to Meraki. I'll update with case info.

Getting noticed

Hey,
Are the cameras on multiple switches? Got a decent uplink internet link speed?
Beta firmware has come out at 3.34 so maybe worth a try?
What cameras have you got?
Luke
Conversationalist

@Boulder38 

Cameras are on multiple switches.

Speeds:

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 9.31.29 AM.png

I'll try the firmware update. It didn't make a difference last time, but like you said worth a try.

I have 17 MV72 cameras.

Getting noticed

I’m not sure if you’re upload is fast enough.... 😜

Worth a try, 3.33 made a big difference for us

The same as us, we’ve also got 2 32s and a 12W, all working 99% happily

When you got packet loss, was it just that? Or any associated errors? Have you F12’d to look at the source for any error codes in there?

EJN
Getting noticed

@Boulder38 can you please elaborate on this?

"Have you F12’d to look at the source for any error codes in there?"

Esteban J Nunez
Getting noticed

If you hit F12 in your browser, and select 'console' (Not source), It will show you any errors, Meraki Support used these errors to help with some issues I had. It can give you a clue as to why something is not loading correctly

Packet capture will also show where things are trying to get to, but maybe not getting a reply, showing where the issue is lying

Getting noticed

Just an FYI, 3.36 has been pushed through to Stable, I only updated to 3.33 a few weeks ago, this may help solve a lot of issues!
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.