New MT15 - PoE powered!

Solved
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

New MT15 - PoE powered!

1 Accepted Solution

I have never seen this mentioned before or knew that it existed.  Thanks for pointing this out.  🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Nice! I would like to see more of the MT range POE powered. 

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Many of them already are https://meraki.cisco.com/product/sensors/sensors-accessories/usb-c-to-ethernet-adapter/

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solved your problem click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

I have never seen this mentioned before or knew that it existed.  Thanks for pointing this out.  🙂

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What I would like to know is - do you get 100% of the functionality using PoE?

I ask because one of the existing sensors only has "full" functionality if you use USB-C power.  When battery powered you use some functionality.

Wired power is only different/required on the MT14 when you enable high sampling mode. On all other sensors wired power offers no difference vs. battery power with regards to functionality. 

And to be clear the MT15 is wired power only. No batteries. And high sampling is always on/the default for the MT15. https://documentation.meraki.com/MT/MT_General_Articles/MT15_FAQ#What_metrics_does_MT15_sample.3F_Ho...

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solved your problem click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It would be nice to see a move away from the devices requiring MR or MV. To me it limits the market with that being a requirement. A great way to get new customers is to get them using cheaper products which draws them into opening their wallet more in the future. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.