MT14 Sudden spike in TVOC reading

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MT14 Sudden spike in TVOC reading

I arrived this morning to my inbox full of alerts about fluctuating air quality sensor readings from one of our sensors we have deployed. TVOC levels as shown in the image below were normal and then suddenly spiked. I am somewhat reluctant to go into the room until I have other staff onsite but any ideas what may cause this?

The sensor is located in a server room that does have some other equipment stored in it i.e. spare MacBook Airs. 

Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 7.38.28 AM.png

4 Replies 4
jbright
A model citizen

Maybe a power supply or a UPS battery failed?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Scary!

This is way outside of my area, but considering the alert you have, would it be worthwhile engaging a local expert in the area to check the area is safe for humans?  I'm guessing there would be some kind of environmental lab or engineering company that could do a quick indepent check.

It looks like all the councils have ait quality management units.  You could try getting hold of one of those teams and asking if they could do a quick check for you or could recommend a firm that could do it.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We get spikes into the thousands fairly often as seen here, though not as high as yours...  Also noticed that the MT 14 had dropped offline until the MV was upgraded from 5.0 to 5.1...

Screenshot_20230204_204532_Chrome.jpg

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.