MT14 short memory

Solved
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MT14 short memory

I was sure that the MT10 sensors retained about 7 days of data should they lose contact with the network, or am I mistaken there?  In comparison I found that an MT14 that has lost connection only retained the last 12 hours of data when reconnected.

Has anyone else had experience of this?

1 Accepted Solution
OllieGerrard
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Because of the frequency rate and high amount of measurements on the MT14, the on-board storage is unable to store 5 days of measurements before it gets re-written - I'll make sure this gets mentioned in the docs too and it's something we're investigating for improvements in the future.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Should be approximately 5 days per the doc. I’d open a case to see why they can find if you’re not seeing that and it was powered for the last 5 days at least. 

OllieGerrard
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Because of the frequency rate and high amount of measurements on the MT14, the on-board storage is unable to store 5 days of measurements before it gets re-written - I'll make sure this gets mentioned in the docs too and it's something we're investigating for improvements in the future.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thanks both @OllieGerrard and @Ryan_Miles, very happy to have a quick pair of definitive responses 👍

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.