MT10 and MT20 losing connection to MR46

Jacen
Here to help

MT10 and MT20 losing connection to MR46

I have an MT10 and MT20 about 6ft from an MR46 and it loses connectivity after about 5 days and will not reconnect unless I reboot the MR46. Nothing shows in the logs as to why this is happening. Anyone else running into this issue? I have all of my Meraki's running the latest updates. Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I'd open a Support case. I have 16 MT's here connected to MR56's and MR46's since fall 2020 without issue. I'm also not aware of any systemic issues with MT and MR46.

I have at ticket open but they are not able to come up with an answer which is why I am reaching out to see if by some chance someone else has had the same issue. It is nice to see that it does work....I am just racking my brain as to why it is happening on our end.

Are you running the latest firmware also?

Can you PM me the case number?

done

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is not probable but a cheap test - I'd try replacing the battery in one of the sensors and see if that makes any difference.

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Jacen : did you go through the troubleshooting steps 

https://documentation.meraki.com/MT/MT_Installation_Guides/MT_Troubleshooting_Guide

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

I too haven't heard of any reports of buzzing APs. And for APs going into repeater mode that is typically due to a data path, switch config, or cabling issue. I have a few thousand MR46/Es installed in my customer patch. Globally we have a few million WiFi 6 APs deployed. Like Support and your Cisco rep I've not seen or heard either of these issues.

redsector
Head in the Cloud

MR28.6 on the accesspoints?

Ant_Plus
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I experienced an issue with MR56s, essentially the MT would cease to use them as a gateway.  The following note from the 28.6 release notes specifies the MR42E and MR53E,  but in my case with the MR56 the issue was fixed with new firmware.

MT Sensors are unable to connect to gateway (MR42E, MR53E)

Jacen
Here to help

Hey everyone. The latest firmware fixed the issue. Thanks everyone for you assistance.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.