MT connections

SOLVED
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MT connections

I have been trying to work out which AP this MT10 sensor is connected to, looking at the below would it tell me that 13 minutes ago it connected to the AP Summer House and 33 minutes ago it did (for a moment) connect to the AP Kitchen?  How often does it connect (I'm sure I have seen this somewhere but thought it was more frequently that 13 minutes) and is there any history other than the last time it connected to each AP?

cmr_0-1610580816917.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think the key interval here is 20 minutes, rather than 2.   This is how often the sensor will send its updates, via Bluetooth, under normal circumstances.   The data included in that update is sampled every 2 minutes.   In other words a standard update will include 10 samples.  The update via bluetooth will take place immediately, if a threshold is exceeded.

Given that the sensor can be 'quiet' for quite a long period, the concept of which gateway a sensor is 'connected to' doesn't really exist.   The most relevant gateway is probably the one it most recently connected to, but it may not use that gateway, the next time it connects.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rwiesmann
A model citizen

I was also looking for such information. Also some more infos to where a sensor is connected.

Not much there.

According to the Datasheet the data polling frequency is 2min, which would lead also to connection between the sensors and the gateway ....not sure if it is what you are looking for 

see data polling frequency:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MT/MT_Datasheets/MT10_Datasheet_-_Temperature_and_Humidity

hope it helps

roger

I think the key interval here is 20 minutes, rather than 2.   This is how often the sensor will send its updates, via Bluetooth, under normal circumstances.   The data included in that update is sampled every 2 minutes.   In other words a standard update will include 10 samples.  The update via bluetooth will take place immediately, if a threshold is exceeded.

Given that the sensor can be 'quiet' for quite a long period, the concept of which gateway a sensor is 'connected to' doesn't really exist.   The most relevant gateway is probably the one it most recently connected to, but it may not use that gateway, the next time it connects.

@GreenMan  Thanks thats really handy to know. It would be good if this could be included in official documentation somewhere if its not already. 

It's in the Datasheets, under Data Logging.  This example is for MT10

https://documentation.meraki.com/MT/MT_Datasheets/MT10_Datasheet_-_Temperature_and_Humidity#Technica...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.