Can the MT30 Automation Button toggle power for the MT40 Power Sensor?

YESNetwork
New here

Can the MT30 Automation Button toggle power for the MT40 Power Sensor?

Is this possible? It does not appear to be conventionally possible but maybe through a webhook/automation? Otherwise this would be a great feature to suggest to the Meraki team.

3 Replies 3
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

There's not a native automation for it today. You'd need to create an automation of some type that some middleware would take in and send out an API call to toggle or cycle the MT40 power.

For now I've just been using iOS shortcuts to do that.

Ryan / SE - Networking

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
BDillon
Here to help

This would be of great benefit to us. We are about to embark on building a new Operational Net Zero Special Educational School, and from the outset there has been talk of Powering down the Network Completely.
We already rely on Port schedules, and have a POC for the MT40 sensors at two sites, with a view to extending this further out to other networks and switches.
This new site the Meraki will be powered down almost 100% - incase of Weekend or emergency working then the operation of an MT30 button to power everything back on would work well for us.

How do the MT30 button communicate with the dashboard if the network is powered off ? 🙂

I have been thinking about having the MT30 button power off AP ports completely.

Like when you go home from the office, you turn off lights, there might as well be a "button" that turns off the APs in the same spot.

Then when you come back, and turn on the lights, you also press the "turn on APs" button. But then, we thought "dang it", we need APs up for the MT to be able to communicate with the dashboard, or else it will be a "non wireless day at the office" very quickly. - We could of course "omit" the closest AP from being turned off, but in this case, we are also lucky to have some cameras, and they also work as a MT gateway, and we dont turn those off when leaving the site 🙂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.