mx100 license

ammahend
Getting noticed

mx100 license

mx100 is not end of support until 2027, if I wanted to renew license on existing mx100 what license part should be used ? when i try lic-mx100-ent-1y its end of sale. 

10 Replies 10
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is not possible to renew as it is already in EOS. What you have is just support for any hardware problems.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

so for the next 4 years device is keep working with expired license ? 

Nope.  

In this case, you'd better consult your Meraki sales representative.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I am not sure if EOS ( end of sale) refers simply to purchasing hardware or licensing as well. I would assume only hardware but someone who works on the sales side of things would know. 

End of support from my understanding means exactly that which means when your license expires the device is unusable. 

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Looking at CCW you can still quote the part code LIC-MX100-ENT-1YR

I can’t however find MX100-HW.

So I would say the EOS applies only to the HW otherwise Meraki and it’s customer base would end up with a series of doorstops out in the field if you couldn’t buy the Licences (which is your entitlement to support).

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It appears that once the device has hit the EOL list, you can no longer purchase licenses.

However I suggest you reach out to your Meraki SE or partner to confirm, especially if you need a license to bridge the gap between now and replacement.

On the EOS Date, discontinued hardware products are removed from the price list and are no longer available for purchase. The device-specific licenses corresponding to discontinued hardware products will be available for purchase after the EOS Date, unless the license(s) is/are listed in the “End-of-Life Products” list provided below.

Support Policies | Cisco Meraki

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Brash That sentence right there….

The device-specific licenses corresponding to discontinued hardware products will be available for purchase after the EOS Date

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Darren is correct with the above call out. The hardware is end of sale, but you can buy the license. 

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I read this initially (and logically that part makes sense) but the wording of "unless the license(s) is/are listed in the “End-of-Life Products” list provided below." really had me confused. The MX100 definitely exists in the list, along with every other product that has an EOS/EOL announcement.

I really think it needs re-wording to state that the licenses are still available for order up until the EOL date.

When a license goes end of sale it's listed on the EoL page just like hardware. Example, the MS22/P and MS42/P licenses are end of sale and listed on the page.

"The device-specific licenses corresponding to discontinued hardware products will be available for purchase after the EOS Date, unless the license(s) is/are listed in the “End-of-Life Products” list provided below." So, that last part simply means if the license isn't mentioned as end of sale on the EoL page then it's still available for purchase.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels