does a port disable also shut the PoE function?

Duijv023
Here to help

does a port disable also shut the PoE function?

Hi,

In a remote network we have an MX, running MX 18.211.2.

It has an MG21E-WW running MG 3.101 attached to it, one cable attached to WAN2/Internet2; the other on port 12 (only for PoE purpose).

Lately, the MG goes offline for several hours per day which is really more often than earlier.
Earlier, we resolved a "MG-offline situation" by disabling the port 12, what forces PoE to shut down. After re-enabling port 12, the MG did a fresh new boot and most of the time came back online again within 10 minutes.

BUT

Since we upgraded FW to 18.211.2, the INTERNET2 icon stays green after shutting port 12 and I even can make a .PCAP of internet2 which shows (oneway) traffic. As the MG does not come back online within 60 minutes after restoring PoE, I really doubt whether PoE had really been disabled, or not.

Duijv023_0-1720074954935.png

So we have 2 annoying things:

- MG stops functioning spontaneously (e.g. I can't see a reason)

- It seems I can no longer reboot the MG remotely

The remote site is in London, our HQ is in Holland, so I cannot drive to it and have look physically

Does anyone recognize the behaviour?

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would suggest you open a support case. 

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Duijv023 there are two newer MG firmwares 3.102 and 3.202, please try one of those to fix the primary issue.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

3.202 has multiple MG21 fixes that might work for you.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels