ZoomInfo Community Edition and ZoomInfo Contact Contributor

ksfarmer
New here

ZoomInfo Community Edition and ZoomInfo Contact Contributor

Does anyone have any experience in trying to protect an organization from data collection from the ZoomInfo Community Edition or ZoomInfo Contact Contributor using Meraki products (or other)?

https://www.zoominfo.com/about-zoominfo/privacy-policy

7 Replies 7
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I don’t see the relation to Meraki or even networking in general here. Can you expand on what you are thinking?

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

We use Meraki firewalls to protect against malware and block specific sites.  This program is a bit tricky and I was hoping to see if anyone had any successful experiences with using Meraki to prevent communications.

If this isn't the appropriate forum, is their such a place?

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I see.  Probably the security topic is more appropriate and you can try to move you post there.

But it looks like Zoominfo is a public web crawling type service similar to a search engine that compiles data on phone numbers or IP addresses, etc.  It just crawls the web and compiles data.  I don't think it communicates directly with your network or your user's machines.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

@ksfarmer / @BrandonS - I've moved this thread into the Security board as suggested. Cheers!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here

thank you

Yes, they do have webcrawler activity, but I'm specifically looking to try to block communication of two installed applications that they promote in exchange for free access to their data.  ZoomInfo Community Edition and ZoomInfo Contact Contributor are installed by users onto their machines and operate as an Outlook Plugin giving access to Exchange hosted global address book and scan emails for information listed in the link. 

I'll try to figure out how to move this to security topic.

thank you! 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do a packet capture while using the app and then examine the DNS queries it makes.

Add firewall rules blocking access to those DNS names.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels