Zoom Pixalated when share screening.

Solved
MikeGloria
Comes here often

Zoom Pixalated when share screening.

Why does the video end up pixelating when we share screen, and play a video in Zoom, even though we aren't peaking in our bandwidth? What could be the cause of this?

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

How much is your link capacity? Have you tested it out of the office to validate if the problem also occurs?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

How much is your link capacity? Have you tested it out of the office to validate if the problem also occurs?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Yes, we have tested this out.

All users who are not connected to our Meraki network experience great connectivity during Zoom sessions, and their videos do not encounter any issues during screen sharing.

Again, we are not peaking in our bandwidth connection and are far from the bandwidth threshold that we subscribed to from our ISP

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Also check if you have any traffic shaping rules / per client limits on mx and mr

MikeGloria
Comes here often

we assigned 40mbps per client and still not peaking in our bandwidth.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

When you talk about users not having the issues when they are not connected to a Meraki network.  Do you mean different switches/AP's in the same office space or do you mean you have a branch without Meraki gear and a branch with?

Also are the Zoom calls between your office and an external site/external partner or internal to a site?

In case of different sites what is the scale of the current site (amount of unique endpoints, intervlan (east-west bound) routing volume, local/internet (north-sound bound) volume and what MX model are you using?

Yes, they are not connected to our Meraki and they are working from home using their ISP plan

Also are the Zoom calls between your office and an external site/external partner or internal to a site? -  both,

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@MikeGloria You mentioned you are not hitting your bandwidth limit however is the model of MX you have sufficient with it's throughput limit for the internet connection speed you have? 

we have 300 Mbps connection.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels