Z3 and Internet Speeds

msvt22
New here

Z3 and Internet Speeds

We've deployed about 20 Z3s to remote employees over the last few months.  For the most part, things have been working really well.

With a handful of devices, we've noticed a problem where the throughput seems to drop as the work week progresses. A connection will go from 100 Mbit/s + to somewhere around 3-5 Mbit/s.  A device reboot seems to correct the problem.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this?  Any ideas?

TIA.

-Matt

4 Replies 4
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

You are seeing this behavior with wireless or wired or both?

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

Thanks for asking.  I forgot to add this on the problem description.  This is happening with a wired device.

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I'm not aware of any 'normal' networking causes for what you describe.  It doesn't sound like packet loss from a duplex mismatch, for example.  And it is obviously not a wireless issue that could have those symptoms. It seems more like a software bug in the Z3 perhaps.  Something like a memory leak or overflowing sessions table over time, etc.  I would open a case with Meraki and they may suggest trying new/beta firmware.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

Yeah, I'm thinking this might be something support has to dig into.  I'm hoping this might be a known bug and they can direct me to a FW to try.  

I'll post back with the outcome.

Thanks.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels