Z3 Teleworker VPN does not re-establish after outage

aweise17
Comes here often

Z3 Teleworker VPN does not re-establish after outage

After a power outage or an internet provider outage at my house, the Z3 teleworker appliance does not re-establish the VPN tunnel with our MX68 appliance in our data center. There seems to be no issue with the Z3 communicating with the Meraki dashboard, but the VPN tunnel does not re-establish.

I appeared to have an outage at my home overnight last night that recovered at approximately 1:15am EST. Since that time, I can see the MX68 continually attempting to communicate with the Z3 (via our firewall logs), but there seemed to be no response from the Z3 - thus, the VPN did not re-establish.

Are there logs on the Z3 or MX68 that I can view to determine why this happened?

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What version are you running?

Have you tried doing a factory default?
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I'm running MX18.107.2. I haven't tried a factory reset, but it's something I will look into.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels