Z3 Orange Link Light, But Still Works

rconiv
Getting noticed

Z3 Orange Link Light, But Still Works

I have someone that everything looks fine for the Z3 in Meraki's interface, and things plugged in to it work fine, but the link light is orange.  Has anyone heard of something like this?  Have rebooted it and the ISP's provide modem (powered both off, gave it a minute, plugged in the modem, waited for it to boot up, and then plugged in the VPN).  

I can remote desktop in to it, access it through the domain controller, and through file share, so I know it is talking to the network.

It is on MX15.42.1

Just wondering if this is something I should be concerned about, as far as a possible failure in the near future.  

4 REPLIES 4
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Generally an orange status light means it can't connect to the Meraki cloud (Dashboard). The device will carry on working using its last good configuration, but you won't get reporting in the Dashboard or be able to make changes to it. I'd try to connect to the local status page on the Z3 and see what its reporting, it will give you a much better indication of what is wrong - e.g. whether it can connect to the Dashboard or not.

rconiv
Getting noticed

@Bruce thanks, would be nice if I could get in to the local status page remotely, instead of setting up a system with a static IP, and then logging in directly. 

As far as I can tell looking through the Dashboard it is talking to at least part of it, since I am getting data traffic info, and if it is connected or not.

@Inderdeep we did wonder about their ISP.  Going to try with someone else's ISP, and see if there is still an issue.

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@rconiv : yeah check out !

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@rconiv : Solid Orange is connectivity issue with the cloud. So whatever configured on the box is working fine as it will not impact the data plane traffic but your Control plane changes will not work as for that you need your box to connect to the cloud. So new changes/updates will not work. Check the Layer 1 and Layer 2 issues 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels