Vlan overlaps with static route

SOLVED
MariamT
Here to help

Vlan overlaps with static route

Hello everyone,

I have a client using an internet box with a dedicated public IP address , and in order to connect to his remote sites, he uses a VPN solution on another router on his LAN .

I will be replacing the first BOX with a new ISP BOX  and a meraki MX85 .

in the current situation, my client LAN  subnet is 192.168.1.0/24 so to connect to the remote sites he directs all traffic to the router on the LAN , via next hop 192.168.1.250/24.

the issue is that   have to put the same old config as it is on the MX .

LAN Subnet 192.168.1.0/24 and  static routes with the 192.168.1.250/24 as next hop .

but this is not possible since the Meraki sees the Next hop in the LAN and doesn't allow the creation of the routes.

Is there any way I can overcome this without changing the next hop on that router on the LAN and without changing the LAN subnet on the MX ?

Thank you in advance .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've performed a test here and worked as expected.

alemabrahao_0-1678112276566.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Your static route does not make sense. What is the destination subnet or IP?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

he has many routes to remote sites  /24  using this nexthop.

the 192.168.1.250 is used by another router on the LAN that has the vpn solution on it .

MariamT_0-1678110198225.png

and the LAN  of this site is also 192.168.1.0/24 , so When Meraki wants to create the route sees that the next hop belong to the LAN and then can't validate it .

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've performed a test here and worked as expected.

alemabrahao_0-1678112276566.png

ooh ok thank you , I'll try that again .

I'v been getting this message saying that the route overlaps with a vlan on the MX .

Thank you for your time and support 🙂 !!

Chrisvalenzuela
Here to help

i had a same issue

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels