VPN with non-Meraki device

PAN
Just browsing

VPN with non-Meraki device

After I changed the Mikrotik router device, I faced the following situation:

VPN Registry: Connected. This security appliance can connect to multiple VPN registries using the UDP port. VPN Registry: Partially connected. This security appliance can connect to at least one registry vpn using the OUTBOUND & UDP port. VPN Registry: Disconnected. This security appliance cannot connect to any VPN registries using outgoing & UDP ports.
NAT type: Friendly. This security appliance is behind a VPN-friendly, local-use NAT, which is NAT-ed to NAT type: None (public IP). This security device has a publicly accessible IP address and is being used as a contact point. NAT type: Unfriendly. This security appliance behind NAT is not VPN friendly, which can be caused by upstream load balancers or strict firewall rules. NAT type: Insufficient registration information. This security device cannot communicate with the registry.
I don't know if this phenomenon should open more ports or do something to make the two devices connect to each other
1 Reply 1
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Autovpn should normally just work.  For non meraki vpn you maybe need to forward some ports on the upstream router to the meraki mx ip address  https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Site-to-site_VPN/Site-to-Site_VPN_Settings#NAT_Traversal

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels