User Access Permisson on MX

SOLVED
rwiesmann
A model citizen

User Access Permisson on MX

hi, 

is it possible to have different access permissions on a MX for different users?

Like:

User 1 has only access to the Firewall rules and security settings

User 2 has only access to the routing functions of the MX

many thanks for your answer.

roger

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

For the most part the dashboard access/permission is network based. So you would select a target network, and the user will have the following options to choose from:

• Guest ambassador: User only able to see the list of Meraki authentication users, add users, update existing users, and authorize/deauthorize users on an SSID or Client VPN. Ambassadors can also remove wireless users, if they are an ambassador on all networks.
  • Presented with user management portal only.
  • Monitor-only: User only able to view a subset of the Monitor section in Dashboard and no changes can be made.
  • Read-only: User able to access most aspects of a network, including the Configure section, but no changes can be made.
  • Full: User has access to view all aspects of a network and make any changes to it.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Managing_Dashboard_Access/Managing_Dashboar...

Assuming you have a Combined network this might limit your control, however I believe you can use TAGS to give you control on a per-device type basis. If you have the MX on its own network then you can limit users from read-write to read-only etc. 

It doesn't get as granular as you are looking for unfortunately. I wish it did.

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

For the most part the dashboard access/permission is network based. So you would select a target network, and the user will have the following options to choose from:

• Guest ambassador: User only able to see the list of Meraki authentication users, add users, update existing users, and authorize/deauthorize users on an SSID or Client VPN. Ambassadors can also remove wireless users, if they are an ambassador on all networks.
  • Presented with user management portal only.
  • Monitor-only: User only able to view a subset of the Monitor section in Dashboard and no changes can be made.
  • Read-only: User able to access most aspects of a network, including the Configure section, but no changes can be made.
  • Full: User has access to view all aspects of a network and make any changes to it.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Managing_Dashboard_Access/Managing_Dashboar...

Assuming you have a Combined network this might limit your control, however I believe you can use TAGS to give you control on a per-device type basis. If you have the MX on its own network then you can limit users from read-write to read-only etc. 

It doesn't get as granular as you are looking for unfortunately. I wish it did.

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Thanks a lot for your answer. I knew the part about access/permissions. Thought there maid be other ways. Many thanks roger

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels