10 Replies 10
Madhan_kumar_G
Getting noticed

Hi,

Thanks for sharing

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't think this is well known - but if you have even a single other Cisco security product licence (such as a single Umbrella licence), you can use Cisco SecureX to cloud manage your AnyConnect clients.  Even if you don't want to use Umbrella - you should buy a single licence (and not use it) because this feature is so good.

You can have multiple profiles, like "Test" and "Production".  You can move clients between profiles via the SecureX cloud.  A profile contains all the AnyConnect configurations and version to use.  If you update anything, the change is pushed out to all clients automatically via the Cisco SecureX cloud - they don't need to connect via AnyConnect to get the changes.

Even if you are using AnyConnect on another Cisco platform - you should be using this.

For example, to push out the "fixed" version to all our clients, I just have to do this one change in our production profile:

PhilipDAth_0-1687465765392.png

Mloraditch
Building a reputation

Definitely didn't know this so thanks!

One question, how do the clients know to update? I created a vpn profile and downloaded it and it doesn't feature any parameters that would tell the client. Is the installer provided somehow customized to check in with the securex cloud for update settings?

The installer provided by SecureX includes a "Cloud Management" module.  You configure the check-in frequency.  I usually use 2 hours.

PhilipDAth_0-1687556677536.png

Mloraditch
Building a reputation

Got it. Thanks!

where can I find more information about using this..

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I can't find any good links on Google sorry.

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

SecureX (the base "product" for Secure Client Cloud Management is EoL: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/securex/securex-eol.html

As far as I know, it's planned to continue the Cloud Management platform, but I don't have any specific information about how this will look in the near term. Hope to get those infos on March 7th.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Anyone who has used the AnyConnect profile editor to create the XML file (which you no longer need to do with this system) will recognise all of these settings in the SecureX cloud.

PhilipDAth_1-1687465974571.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels