USB and Integrated cellular modem are as primary in MX67C?

SOLVED
DAIDAI
Here to help

USB and Integrated cellular modem are as primary in MX67C?

Hi,

I'd like to use both USB(cellular) and LTE modem as primary active link at a time in MX67C.

I don't use cable WAN.

Can I do this?  or is one side only?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can use either the built in LTE modem or an external USB LTE modem - but not both at the same time.  As soon as you plug in a USB LTE modem it disables the internal LTE modem.

To use both the external LTE device would need to provide an Ethernet presentation.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can use either the built in LTE modem or an external USB LTE modem - but not both at the same time.  As soon as you plug in a USB LTE modem it disables the internal LTE modem.

To use both the external LTE device would need to provide an Ethernet presentation.

Cmiller
Building a reputation

The best work around for this (until Meraki enables dual LTE capability which I keep dreaming about) would be to purchase a separate LTE modem like pepwave offers https://www.peplink.com/products/max-cellular-router/multi-cellular/ and use it to plug into the WAN port on your MX.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels