Turning on AnyConnect killed our VoIP

JonP
Getting noticed

Turning on AnyConnect killed our VoIP

Hello Community,

I just want to sanity-check something with you all.

We turned on Any Connect on our two MX's (MX105's in HA) and this killed our VoIP. We couldn't make or receive calls from any handset behind the firewalls until we turned the feature off again.

The AnyConnect subnet is completely different from any of our other production subnets, so we don't understand why this happened, and we think that it shouldn't have happened because the AnyConnect setup is independent of any other firewall features. Even if the MXs needed to re-provision (like Ubiquiti calls it) surely the spare should have taken over duties whilst the primary appliance did its thing?

It doesn't look like internet traffic was disrupted, just VoIP. We're a little hesitant to re-enable this feature because we need our VoIP as a key component of our business.

Any thoughts?

Thanks 🙂

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You should probably open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

My only guess would be if the Anyconnect inbound port overlaps with any DNAT rules/inbound ports you have for VOIP.

Failing that, definitely open a support case.

JonP
Getting noticed

The ports are a good point. There's a whole list of VoIP ports that we have to enable to get through the firewall. @CameronS 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels