Troubleshooting internet outage- MX 67 or carrier?

clyles
Comes here often

Troubleshooting internet outage- MX 67 or carrier?

Having temporary spectrum internet outages (5-10 minutes sometimes less)- Customer thinks it is on the Meraki side- Can't find a way to prove it is spectrum-  Thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@clyles What does the dashboard show for the "affected" MX unit?

Not sure what you are asking-

@clyles You mention there are outages, if they are related to the Meraki equipment the dashboard will report the equipment as being offline and the event log will give you an idea of what is going on. 

the only thing I see around the same time as the last outage is "events dropped"

That was what I was not sure about- Not having a command line, it is hard to be sure exactly what is going on. Is Meraki tech support able to access the IOS to get more granular?  A sh isdn would be awesome!

Trisha
Here to help

Have you called spectrum?  They have some pretty good techs and can usually tell you where to look at least they are always nice and shoot straight with me. 

clyles
Comes here often

That has not been my experience- The standard answer is always "it's your network" unless you can produce logs that they cannot dispute

Do you have a rep, mine is awesome if I have any issues at all he gets them sorted out then and there.  But I usually don't have issues with the techs if I ask them to test our fiber they do and send me the results, so I can see how things are running at each site and they can usually tell me if there is a issue and if they can fix it for me with out me having to go to the site as I am a dept of one.  One reason why I am trying to switch to all Meraki so I can see everything and do a lot more with out having to drive every where.  Sorry they aren't nicer to you.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels