Traffic from one site-to-site network to another site-to-site network

Solved
Zulan
Here to help

Traffic from one site-to-site network to another site-to-site network

Hello! I'm having trouble getting traffic to flow from one site-to-site network that is a co-location network to our Azure network also connected with a site-to-site ipsec tunnel. It works from all other branchoffices but from the co-location network. I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting this, might be even be on the azure side. Any ideas what to check?`

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is this new Non-Meraki VPN Peer with Azure too? That wasn't clear. Anyway, you cannot route two Non-Meraki VPN Peers for them to communicate, if you want another non-Meraki peer to reach the Azure devices and vice versa, it is necessary to configure a tunnel directly with Azure.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can you be a little more specific? Can you provide more details of the problem?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

I will try, I have been asked to help out with this network and actually know quite little about it. But there has been a site-to-site VPN to some Azure servers for quite some time. Traffic works perfectly from the main network and from all the branch offices to this azure network. Then a new a new co-location was needed. A new "Non-Meraki VPN Peer" was setup with availability set to "All networks" the same as Non-Meraki VPN tunnel configured to Azure. But pings from the co-location works to all networks except Azure.  

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is this new Non-Meraki VPN Peer with Azure too? That wasn't clear. Anyway, you cannot route two Non-Meraki VPN Peers for them to communicate, if you want another non-Meraki peer to reach the Azure devices and vice versa, it is necessary to configure a tunnel directly with Azure.

No, the new VPN tunnel is not to azure. It's a local co-location provider. I actually had a hunch that was the answer. Thanks!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels