Static Routes on Meraki MX64 (Multiple Routes?)

SOLVED
KostasX
Here to help

Static Routes on Meraki MX64 (Multiple Routes?)

Hello,

I was wondering if we are able to add multiple (more than one) static routes on Cisco Meraki MX64.
It seems to have a limitation for only one static route under "Security & SD-WAN --> Configure --> Addressing & VLANs".
When i am trying to add more than one route here, i get only the option to update the already existing route (attached screenshot).

MX64_Static_Route_Screenshot_1.pngMX64_Static_Route_Screenshot_2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi,

This seems to be strange.

I tried doing this again on my PC. I found no issues.

Static Routes.PNG

How about making sure about the following.

1. Create 1 Route at a Time. Save Changes. Refresh the page and try adding new Route.

2. Make sure while creating new route no check boxes are selected under Static Route.

3. Try using another browser / incognito mode of the browser.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi,

Certainly you can add multiple static route. The UI (User Interface) on the dashboard projects as if you are updating the Routing Table.

Screenshot attached for reference.

Static Routes.PNG

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

Dear Ajit,

I have tried to add an extra static route and as soon as i pressed "Update" the new route replaces the old one instead of adding it as a new one. I don't get if i am doing something wrong (although it seems to be as simple as ever), or it is just some kind of bug or something like that.

AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi,

This seems to be strange.

I tried doing this again on my PC. I found no issues.

Static Routes.PNG

How about making sure about the following.

1. Create 1 Route at a Time. Save Changes. Refresh the page and try adding new Route.

2. Make sure while creating new route no check boxes are selected under Static Route.

3. Try using another browser / incognito mode of the browser.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

Is the 192.168.25.1 an IP address of a neighboring (connected) L3 device on your MX64 or is it assigned local on a port of your MX? I suppose that this IP belongs to a connected L3 device. Correct?

AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi,

In my case 192.168.25.1 is the IP address of MX.

192.168.25.0/24 Subnet is a VLAN created on MX for LAN. (I was simply trying to replicate your case on the same box)

Static Routes.PNG

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

I have tried from a different browser and it worked.

Never passed my mind to try this, but i didn't expect that i should any issues like that.

Thank you very much for your time.

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Always use chrome as Merakis uses Chrome for testing. As I heard on a meraki event.

What browser are you using? I bet it was Firefox. I login with both Firefox and Chrome.

some pages have problem with Firefox and others with Chrome.

I was using Google Chrome.

Tried and logged in from Firefox and it worked.

Afterwords when i tried again from Google Chrome, i was able to make changes from Chrome as well.

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Just tried it, getting the following errormessage:

######

There were errors in saving this configuration:

• The static LAN route "Test" has an invalid next hop IP. The IP address 10.0.1.1 is not on a configured subnet.
  • The static LAN route "Test2" has an invalid next hop IP. The IP address 10.0.2.1 is not on a configured subnet.

######

So, seems like you have to add the subnets for the static routes first. In general, there was no problem in configureing, more than one static route.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels