Site to site VPN to non-meraki and tags

SOLVED
pwb
Here to help

Site to site VPN to non-meraki and tags

Hi, we have multiple Meraki devices (MX64) (Networks) under our Oganization, this networks are different customers and shouldnt have any connection to each other. Some of this networks should have site to site VPN to other non-meraki devices, but the networks (MX64) shouldnt have connection to each other. I have tried to use tags on the networks and in the non-meraki VPN peers. But as soon as i add a tag then the VPN dont work from the MX64 to the non-meraki, but it works the other way. Since the other VPN box is a non-meraki i have to use hub and not spoke? Any info on how to setup this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

"..networks are different customers and shouldnt have any connection to each other. .."

"..but the networks (MX64) shouldnt have connection to each other."

If that is the case why are they all in the same organization?  It seems all your customers should be their own org: https://meraki.cisco.com/blog/tag/msp/

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

"..networks are different customers and shouldnt have any connection to each other. .."

"..but the networks (MX64) shouldnt have connection to each other."

If that is the case why are they all in the same organization?  It seems all your customers should be their own org: https://meraki.cisco.com/blog/tag/msp/

Yes, i think that would have been the best thing. But it was like this when i should setup the VPN. But is it easy to move the MX64 to a new organization?

Mr_IT_Guy
A model citizen

@pwb, if you call support, they can move the MX64 into a new organization and retain all the current settings.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I would ask support.  It is technically possible, but it is also policy that licenses are not transferrable between organizations.  You may have a unique case though and if you ask nicely, support could theoretically help you split the license you have between multiple new organizations.

Meraki Support will move licenses to other orgs without issue, I have done so multiple times in the past.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels