Site to Site VPN IP Addressing

SOLVED
KraigM
Conversationalist

Site to Site VPN IP Addressing

Good afternoon,

I've been tasked with setting up a new 3rd party site-to-site connection. The client has a Palo Alto FW. I'm being asked what IP address my client devices will present on his network. Will he see connections originate from my public IP, or from the devices actual IP? They prefer the connection to appear as our public IP, but from what I can see in Dashboard, I suspect this is not possible.

I don't have any spare equipment setup to test this out, so I appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Once the tunnel is established it'll be the private/client IPs.  But to establish the tunnel he'll likely need your public IP.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MacuserJim
A model citizen

My experience with site-to-site VPN is that they would show the client IP. Things may change if there are any subnet translation settings on the site-to-site VPN.

Adam
Kind of a big deal

Once the tunnel is established it'll be the private/client IPs.  But to establish the tunnel he'll likely need your public IP.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels