SD-WAN | INTERNET OVER MPLS

Solved
fsantos
Comes here often

SD-WAN | INTERNET OVER MPLS

Hi Community!

I need your opinion about the following topology, I currently have an MX with an internet link and an MPLS link, I would like to know if you have found a way to conmute the internet over MPLS, that is, when the local internet goes down use the internet over MPLS, maybe with a default route for example . I have placed an image as a reference of the topology, at the moment according to the documentation that I have found it is not possible, but perhaps you have found a solution

fsantos_1-1697664334977.png

1 Accepted Solution
StevePF
Getting noticed

Same here, I used this configuration as a transition from MPLS to Internet-based SD-WAN.

But I add some additional stuff, like allowing split tunnel and use WAN 1 (Internet circuit) as Primary uplink and disabled the load balancing.  I also added some SD-WAN policies to use WAN 2 (MPLS circuit) for voice and some sensitive traffic to our DC.

This was more predictable until I all the MPLS circuits were removed. After that, I used the uplink load balancing and modify the SD-WAN policies to use the best for voice or other custom performance classes.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
fsantos
Comes here often

Thanks for you answer, currently i have this solution in my infraestructure.

MPLS Failover to Meraki Auto VPN - Cisco Meraki

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We have a similar requirement and at the hub we have the MXs in single ended concentrator mode.  That allows it all to work as you wish.

StevePF
Getting noticed

Same here, I used this configuration as a transition from MPLS to Internet-based SD-WAN.

But I add some additional stuff, like allowing split tunnel and use WAN 1 (Internet circuit) as Primary uplink and disabled the load balancing.  I also added some SD-WAN policies to use WAN 2 (MPLS circuit) for voice and some sensitive traffic to our DC.

This was more predictable until I all the MPLS circuits were removed. After that, I used the uplink load balancing and modify the SD-WAN policies to use the best for voice or other custom performance classes.

fsantos
Comes here often

Thanks! 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels