Restrict traffic on the failover WAN

SOLVED
trunolimit
Building a reputation

Restrict traffic on the failover WAN

Hello Community,

I've got an MX67. WAN2 is set up as a fail over WAN but my issue is that it's actually an LTE router. I do not want all traffic to flow over that WAN when WAN1 dies. I only want mission critical traffic to run over that WAN.

How can I accomplish this. All mission critical stuff are on their own VLAN so restricting traffic via VLANs or Subnets is OK by me. 

Thanks for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Give support a call, they should be able to configure your network so that the Cellular firewall rules apply to WAN2 for exactly this purpose - allowing you to restrict what goes out WAN2 further.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Give support a call, they should be able to configure your network so that the Cellular firewall rules apply to WAN2 for exactly this purpose - allowing you to restrict what goes out WAN2 further.

trunolimit
Building a reputation

Oh, Is it one of those back end things that only support can do like monitor hardware resource usage and temp?

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Yep, its one of them...

trunolimit
Building a reputation

I wonder what the reasoning is for that. Like why not give us insight into CPU utilization and stuff like that.

Giving access to lots of information actually often makes customers' working lives much more complex.   If you have an issue, your license allows you to contact Meraki Support - let them worry about the complexity of (for example) When does CPU utilisation become excessive?   Meraki is pretty obsessive about making technology as simple as possible.

(BTW - if you haven't found it before, Meraki makes available an overall MX appliance utilisation number, under Organization > Summary report)

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels