RDP connection abruptly ended from 1 site on my VPN

Solved
TSP
Here to help

RDP connection abruptly ended from 1 site on my VPN

Hello!

I am super new to the world of VPNs and Meraki, so thank you for the benefit of your kind wisdom in advance 🙂

The organization I work for just expanded and to connect our 2 locations we installed a Meraki MX68 at each location connected with a VPN, and it's been working beautifully.

Today myself and 3 other colleagues were using RDP from Windows 10 computers to connect to an outside server when we all abruptly lost our connections.

No settings were changed on the Meraki, or on our Windows firewall - we just lost connection. Now when we try to connect we get the "remote desktop can't connect to the remote computer b/c of one of these options..." error.

I can ping the remote server from cmd and from the router itself, and from our other location I can still use RDP to connect to the outside server with no issues, so it's not an issue with the remote system - it's specific to our one location/router.

Checked over the Meraki settings and both of them seem to be the same... there was no update or downtime. All my port forward rules are intact and correct...

I'm so new to these Meraki's that I'm not sure what else I should be looking at...

I'm so stumped - I never reach out like this on forums but here I am! Desperate for any ideas to try, haha 🙂

Thanks a lot!

1 Accepted Solution

Oh wow, yeah I'm running 18.107.2.

Thanks so much for your advice, I'll reach out to support.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What version are you running? I had the same issue on version 18.x.x.

I suggest you open a support case 

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Oh wow, yeah I'm running 18.107.2.

Thanks so much for your advice, I'll reach out to support.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As @alemabrahao says reach out to support in the first instance.  Is there anything being reported in your dashboard events log?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Nothing in the events log that looks out of the ordinary.

Thanks so much for your reply, I'm going to reach out to support as suggested.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels