Packet capture on MX65W - Filter "view output below" returns no results

Nash
Kind of a big deal

Packet capture on MX65W - Filter "view output below" returns no results

Found a weird buggy thing, but I haven't got access to another MX65W to replicate it.

We have an MX65W where entering any filter expression results in no traffic being shown. If you run the capture with no filter, you get the usual sort of traffic for your verbosity level. You can download a pcap, pop it in Wireshark and it's everything you'd expect. Add a filter expression, and you get this:

mx65w_bug.png

Support's suggestion was to just chuck it into Wireshark, which is fine. But I can't replicate this behavior on other models. So far, I've successfully filtered dashboard output on: MX64, MX64W, MX65, MX67, MX84, MX100.

Anyone else seeing this with MX65W? We've replicated this problem with this one device on three separate admin accounts and computers.

7 REPLIES 7
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

I don't have one to test on so I'm no help there.

Does 'not icmp" work as expected?

Nash
Kind of a big deal

"not icmp" does give the expected results. I can also filter succesfully by some other protocols - e.g. "pppoes". I take back what I said about "any filter". 

For extra funsies, I can filter by icmp and host on LAN but not on Internet/WAN. 

There's definitely ICMP traffic on Internet/WAN, thanks to the regular pings to 8.8.8.8 to check connectivity.

It's not really game breaking, since pcap downloads work fine. Just trying to figure out if this is a quirk of this particular device, or of this model.

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

@Nash I tried it for ya and got some results but this is an MX67 fyi.

Capture.PNG

Enthusiast
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I see the same issue on an MX65 as well as the MX65W.

It works as expected on an MX84.

Seems Like working on MX65

MX65.PNG

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network
cta102
Building a reputation

Works on my MX65 and MX64 as I would expect, but both MX's are on the MX14.39 firmware currently

I was trying to return the indicator of my MX64 to it's rightful brightness and downgraded from the current BetaMX 65 Capture.PNG

Nash
Kind of a big deal

Thanks, everyone. Turns out this device is on 14.45, which I know was pulled back. Could have sworn it was 14.40!

I may see about downgrading to 14.40 and see if that fixes this filter issue.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels