Packet capture Feature on MX67

rwiesmann
A model citizen

Packet capture Feature on MX67

Hi all, 

I am just wondering if other of you experience the same issue.

I have a MX 67 in place and I would like to use the packet capture function.

Now every ones in a while it works quite well. Means I start it, I filter on a host and the output can be seen in the window below.

But most of the time I start a capture and nothing happens except the the turning circle. Also if i start it and stop it again...most of the time no output but sometimes output will display. 

I am just wondering if this capture feature is not reliable or what could be the issue.

I set even a filter to a host address in order that i will not have to much output.

Intrested in your experience.

rgds

roger

5 REPLIES 5
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You probably checked that before, but yes, I had these problems and every time it was me using the wrong device or the wrong interface ... Layer8 Problem.

@KarstenIdid happen to me also befor, but not this time 🙂

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @rwiesmann , default option now is that the output is straight to wireshark.  Are you selecting the option to output below?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

@DarrenOCI know the options and used to show the output in den window just below. I would understand that it could not show all the output without any filter...but filtered only on one host from which i sent ICMP Packets.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've had this issue intermittently and a device reboot seems to fix it.

I think the issue is in particular firmware versions.  I haven't run into the issue for a while.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels