Outbound NAT

LV_MW_MSP
Getting noticed

Outbound NAT

On WAN #1 we have multiple public IP addresses. I need to force VLAN 5 traffic to a specific public IP on WAN 1.

Flow preferences only show we can force it out WAN 1 or WAN 2, Meraki support doesn't think this is possible. Before we buy more hardware, does anyone know of another workaround for this?

Another example, rule that entire subnet goes out specific public IP on WAN1.

Previous posts also say this isn't possible, hopefully there is a work around.

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is not possible.  Outbound traffic is always NATed to the IP address on the WAN interface.

@PhilipDAth wrote:

This is not possible.  Outbound traffic is always NATed to the IP address on the WAN interface.

Dumb question because I've not tried it yet on an MX, but can we give a WAN link more than one IP address? This is a handy way of doing all kinds of stuff.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel

Negative.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Those are inbound rules.  This person wants outbound rules (which don't exist).

@ww @PhilipDAth

I would find it quite convenient to be able to give the PPPoE link an additional local LAN address so that I can monitor the modem. BT keeps screwing up the SNR and I can adjust the modem to partially remediate the situation. It drops download speeds by upwards of a third.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels