New in MX, where are the port configs and descriptions?

Solved
redsector
Head in the Cloud

New in MX, where are the port configs and descriptions?

Hi,

I am used to configure MS switches and MR accesspoints but I am new in MX.

The MS swichports config I can see and change when I click on the ports, but I can´t do this on MX.

redsector_0-1592906744867.png

1 Accepted Solution
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Well, the screenshot shows something like MX84 / MX100, which doesn't provide any PoE ports. Also you don't get to configure the port speed. MX is not an MS after all. 😉

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

With MX, it's handled a bit differently than with MS, e.g. there are no descriptions. But please find the way to configuration below:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Networks_and_Routing/Configuring_VLANs_on_the_MX_Security_Applia...

Yes, but no port-speed, no information about PoE capability.

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Well, the screenshot shows something like MX84 / MX100, which doesn't provide any PoE ports. Also you don't get to configure the port speed. MX is not an MS after all. 😉

Yes... that seems to be.

Thank you

CWMARS
Getting noticed

I've requested many times on the wish list the addition of port descriptions which would be beneficial when troubleshooting devices connected directly in these MX ports.

Anne Savoie

Where can I subscribe to that wish? (if that helps)

If you click the Give Feedback button on the bottom of the appliance status screen you can submit a change request.

Thanks,

Anne

Anne Savoie

As a workaround, I am using the Notes to create a list of the ports and descriptions, but it gets messy very quickly

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels