Network-wide Alerts for WAN

Solved
GergelyK
Getting noticed

Network-wide Alerts for WAN

Hello Everyone,

I would like to ask a bit of help to understand which Network-wide alert would be more suitable for our network. We are enabling Alerts trough Webhook. 

Our setup is that we have 2 Up-link, there is no load balancing between the 2, so only 1 has always an active AutoVPN. I would like to have a webhook trap even if the 2nd link goes down (which is inactive).

As far as I can see in the Alert settings page there is no option for this, but I would like to double check if someone had similar problem before and how it was solved.

My only idea would be to enable Active-Active AutoVPN and with that we could enable the VPN Alert which would send an alert via Webhook. But I wonder if we have a better solution than this.

Thank you. 🙂

1 Accepted Solution
4 Replies 4
rwiesmann
A model citizen

Hi, 

there is the alert for "the primary uplink status changes"...does this not help you?

It alerts when the primary goes down and also when it goes back.

rwiesmann_0-1611674761800.png

rgds

roger

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

GergelyK
Getting noticed

Hi,

Thanks for the link, for some reason I did not found this when I was looking for it. It's sad to see that Meraki still hasn't implemented this (since 2018) while I would consider this as pretty basic requirement.

Hi,

Sadly no, that is only alerts when the primary link goes down. In case the unused link goes down, it does not help.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels