Meraki mX450 Wan port (VPN-CON)

SOLVED
SopheakMang
Building a reputation

Meraki mX450 Wan port (VPN-CON)

Dear expert ,

i want to ask if i can use MX450 as VPN con using wan port 1Gbps. (not wan1 or wan2 , but maybe port 1 (1Gbps).

i understand that , using vpn-con can only use 1 link for network connection.

Could it works it this way or i must use wan1 port for connection ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There are only two WAN ports (2 × 10GbE SFP+) in mX450.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Shawqy
Getting noticed

You must use either WAN1 or WAN2 for the internet connection. If not MX couldn't connect to Meraki Dashboard 

Shawqy
Getting noticed

If it is an IPVPN connection, yes you can connect it to Port 1.

SopheakMang
Building a reputation

Hi , can we use port 5 or 6 based on what i select as wan port in local splash page?
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Interface Configuration

The MX Security Appliance being configured as a one-armed VPN concentrator should be connected to the upstream datacenter infrastructure using its Internet port, or using the Internet 1 port on devices models with two Internet uplink ports.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Deployment_Guides/VPN_Concentrator_Deployment_Guide#Deploying_a_...

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Deployment_Guides/VPN_Concentrator_Deployment_Guide#Deploying_a_...

Interface Configuration 

The MX Security Appliance being configured as a Routed mode VPN concentrator should be connected to the "upstream" datacenter infrastructure closer to the network edge using its Internet ports, and connected to "downstream" infrastructure closer to the datacenter services using a LAN port.

SopheakMang
Building a reputation

Yes , internet port require module , and now i dont have , can i use other port for wan port as one arm (vpn-con)?

No - on MX450 you can't use LAN ports as WAN ports. Only on MX64 and MX67 - which have just one Internet/WAN port, by default - can you repurpose one specific port from LAN to Internet.

There are only two WAN ports (2 × 10GbE SFP+) in mX450.

SopheakMang
Building a reputation

Thanks everyone , Seem got the solution now

Thank you so much !!!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels