Meraki VPN Client is getting slow speed

Vbrites
Getting noticed

Meraki VPN Client is getting slow speed

Hello! 

My Meraki VPN Client connection speed is just around 35Mbps even though my Meraki Wan is above 200Mbps and my home wan is 100Mbps. There is no transfer speed limit set and this problem happens no matter where the connection comes from, it aways limit it around this value.

- I'm using the latest firmware;

- Also the networks are not overload;

- The latency between the remote computer and the Meraki is ~10ms (no packet loss seen);

- There are no firewall rule that limits the bandwidth 

- Every service seems to work fine, but assure low speed. 

Could you help me? 

9 Replies 9
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Were you facing the same problem before the update? if not try to downgrade.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Yes, as far as I remember I'm. Actually I've set up this VPN 2 mouths ago. This problem always existed. But I'm not sure if 2 mouths ago was another firmware.

This speed cap happens on windows and Mac OS, no matter where I'm. I'm using speedtest.net and Iperf to measure the speed. 

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I suggest you downgrade or upgrade it, otherwise open a ticket with support.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Your meraki wan isp is 200up/200down ?

What model mx you have?

Vbrites
Getting noticed

Yes, it is. (mx64) 

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you have ips enabled?

It would be max 100Mbps vpn but that is only of you have no other traffic and no security. You now generating wan + vpn traffic, so i would guess you would get around 50 -60 Mbps . With IPS even lower around 35-40 Mbps

Vbrites
Getting noticed

Yes, I have IPS enabled.

That a very sad news. I can't see no information that says this to me in the documentation clearly as day! How can someone know every downside before buying Meraki solution? Every time I get more profound in the Meraki configuration possibilities I see more limitations. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

How are you measuring the speed?

I'm using a Synology NAS that is hosting a Iper3 server and than connecting to it over the VPN using a computer that has a Iper3 client. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels