Meraki MX84 - Client VPN with AD

SOLVED
OmAr7
Here to help

Meraki MX84 - Client VPN with AD

Hi Meraki Community,

I'm just wondering if anyone guys have this case before, now I have a Meraki Cloud Authentication Method to authenticate the Client VPN users, and I want to change the authentication method to AD, but my question is can I do this and keep using the email address as username from client-side.

I have My AD and Exchange in Azure, we don't host our Emails with a third party.

I know we can strip the suffix if we use RADIUS, but there is no Radius in our future setup.

Hope a great day for all 

Thanks,

Omar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JimmyM
Getting noticed

Hi Omar.

I implemented AD Authentication recently on my MX84. It must be the sAMAccountName.

I searched a while about that. I don't remember where i found the answer but on this page you can see than the MX search by their sAMAccountName.

Regards,

Jimmy.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Active_Directory_I...

1. If the bind is successful, the MX/MR searches the directory for the user logging in by their sAMAccountName attribute. If a match is found, the DN of the user is returned to the MX/MR.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JimmyM
Getting noticed

Hi Omar.

I implemented AD Authentication recently on my MX84. It must be the sAMAccountName.

I searched a while about that. I don't remember where i found the answer but on this page you can see than the MX search by their sAMAccountName.

Regards,

Jimmy.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Active_Directory_I...

1. If the bind is successful, the MX/MR searches the directory for the user logging in by their sAMAccountName attribute. If a match is found, the DN of the user is returned to the MX/MR.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels