Meraki MX64W Enterprise License

Ranjan
Conversationalist

Meraki MX64W Enterprise License

Can anyone guide the procedure to upgrade Meraki MX64W Enterprise License to advanced license without canceling the order. 

8 REPLIES 8
ITzhak
Getting noticed

Hi,

I assume that you mean that you're still waiting for it to arrive.

You can just contact your sales contact and let him/her know; they'll just send you a new license key and cancel the old one. You're hardware will still arrive

It's happened to me before too.

Ranjan
Conversationalist

Hi, appreciate your quick response. Enterprise License is already billed. Now customer is looking for advance license. In such case what will be the solution.  

ITzhak
Getting noticed

I think you'll need to talk to Sales and not to Support. 

It's a separate license so you can't just "upgrade". You need to buy a new one and return the old one, though returning it may depend on how long the customer has had the Enterprise license for.  

I agree with @ww though, the Organisation is either Enterprise or Advanced, you can't mix.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

buy the key from your reseller and contact meraki to upgrade to advanced security and to release the current key from the organization. (you can not mix advanced/enterprise in one org)

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Licensing/Licensing_FAQ#Q:_Can_I_upgrade_fr...

-> its best to create a case and let meraki support assist you.

Ranjan
Conversationalist

Thank you so much. Really appreciate your response.

Correct, you cannot mix licenses today, licensing is at the Org level and is either Enterprise or Advanced Security.  Typically Adv Sec licenses are 2x the cost of the Ent license.  Since you already paid for an deployed your Ent license, talk with your sales contact, there will be an "upgrade cost" so to speak, but in reality you'll be replacing the Ent licesne with the Adv Sec license. 

Note that if it's been less than 30 days, you can simply RMA the license, work with your sales contact, you'll basically get refunded for the Ent license and re-purchase the Adv Sec license.  If it's been more than 30 days, I do not believe Meraki Support can simply "convert" the license.  So if it's 31+ days, one simple thing might be to purchase the shortest possible (1 year) Adv Sec license and apply it as a renewal, this will upgrade your Org from Ent to Adv Sec.  I believe this will not only convert your Org to Adv Sec, but also bump out your license co-term date accordingly, so you'd still get credit for the Ent license you already purchased.  You should be able to confirm this using the license calculator https://dashboard.meraki.com/manage/dashboard/license_calculator and apply one MX64W Ent as an "add devices" and then add one MX64W Adv Sec as a "renewal" to get a feel for how the co-term should work out based on the dates specific to your Dashboard Org.

As others have mentioned, work with Meraki Support when the time comes, to review the process and confirm what your new co-term date should be.    

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

The Adv Sec license is worth 1/2 of an Enterprise license. You can buy a new Adv Sec license and apply it to the org which will convert the org to Adv Sec. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

So

I have a client with an existing MX84 with Enterprise license

He buying more of these MX devices but now applying Advanced Security license to the new devices and this older device where Enterprise currently resides..

Whats the process and what happens to the old Enterprise license

Ive read it is credited back in the form of time across the estate?

Darren Sinden
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels